Credits and Refund Policies
- Once received by The Royal Conservatory Examinations, registrations may not be withdrawn.
- No examination credits/refunds are granted to candidates who fail to appear for their scheduled examination.
- There are no academic penalties for missed examinations.
- No examination credits/refunds are given for amounts under $10.
- No examination credits/refunds are granted if The Royal Conservatory Examinations is unable to accommodate a special request (other than religious restrictions).
If you cannot attend your practical examination due to:
Direct time conflict with a school examination
Supported by a letter on official school letterhead, signed and dated by a school official. This letter must specify the date of the school examination that directly conflicts with the candidate's music examination (i.e., general dates of school examinations will not be accepted).
Medical reasons that involve the candidate
Supported by a physician's letter on the official letterhead of the doctor's office, and that is signed and dated by the doctor.
- The “Credits/Refunds Request Form” should be filled in and submitted to The Royal Conservatory Examinations along with supporting documentation (e.g., a letter from a physician or school authority on school letterhead).
- Requests must be submitted to The Royal Conservatory Examinations in writing no later than two weeks after your examination date. Requests received after this time will be denied.
- You must indicate at the time you submit your Request form whether you are applying for a credit for the full examination fee or a 50% refund of the examination fee. Changes are not permitted after submission.
- Approved examination credits must be used within one year for one of the examination sessions listed in the table below, and are non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond one year.
- To redeem an examination credit, candidates should apply for their next examination online where the credit will automatically be applied. The Royal Conservatory Examinations will NOT automatically register you for another session.
* NOTE: Examination credits approved for the Spring Session (May / June) cannot be applied to registrations for the Summer Session (August).
To apply for a fee extension please fill out the Credits and Refunds Request Form.